For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
ChatGPT for Translators Masterclass & Workshop Combo: AI Empowerment for Today’s Translators

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "ChatGPT for Translators Masterclass & Workshop Combo: AI Empowerment for Today’s Translators".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Anna Grynfeld Smith
Anna Grynfeld Smith
Switzerland
Local time: 18:20
English to Swedish
Link? May 10, 2023

HI!
I have registered and paid, but not received a link to the webinar. Will it be sent to me?
Best regards,
Anna

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Link? May 10, 2023

Anna Grynfeld Smith wrote:

HI!
I have registered and paid, but not received a link to the webinar. Will it be sent to me?
Best regards,
Anna

Hi Anna,

Please enter the training page here https://www.proz.com/translator-training/my-courses/
Just click on the training title and on the training page you will see a link to join the webinar. Plus, you will find a form where you can choose and report which date will suit you to attend the follow-up 3-hour live workshop with Steven.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes.

All the best,
Helen

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:20
English to Turkish
AI Empowerment May 10, 2023

What does "AI Empowerment" mean? Is it like "Women's Empowerment"?

[Edited at 2023-05-10 11:25 GMT]

Christopher Schröder
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Mr. Satan (X)
Philip Lees
Barbara Carrara

Philip Lees
Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 19:20
Greek to English
Claims May 12, 2023

Baran Keki wrote:

What does "AI Empowerment" mean? Is it like "Women's Empowerment"?

If the claims in the blurb for that course are true (e.g. "Seamlessly translate between languages using ChatGPT, including languages you may not have previously considered, for high-quality translations in a fraction of the time."), it makes me wonder why ProZ would be promoting something that is going to kill the translation industry.

(Note: I do not believe these claims are true.)

Just as a test, here is ChatGPT's translation of this post into Swahili, a "language I had not previously considered". Maybe somebody can tell me how high-quality this is, before I send it off to my client.

Ikiwa madai yaliyomo kwenye maelezo ya kozi hiyo ni ya kweli (kwa mfano, "Kutafsiri kwa urahisi kati ya lugha kwa kutumia ChatGPT, ikiwa ni pamoja na lugha ambazo huenda haukuzifikiria hapo awali, kwa tafsiri zenye ubora wa hali ya juu kwa sehemu ndogo ya muda"), inanifanya niulize kwa nini ProZ inatangaza kitu ambacho kitaua tasnia ya tafsiri.

(Kumbuka: Sina imani kuwa madai haya ni ya kweli.)

Kama mtihani, hapa kuna tafsiri ya chapisho hili kwa lugha ya Kiswahili kutumia ChatGPT, ambayo sikuijadili hapo awali. Labda mtu yeyote anaweza kuniambia kiwango cha ubora wake kabla sijamtumia mteja wangu.

Mr. Satan (X)
Barbara Carrara
Maria G. Grassi, MA AITI
Christopher Schröder
Baran Keki
Zea_Mays
Lieven Malaise

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ChatGPT for Translators Masterclass & Workshop Combo: AI Empowerment for Today’s Translators

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »