Can we automate translation simulation in SDL Passolo?
Автор темы: cbcoti
cbcoti
cbcoti
Local time: 18:58
английский => датский
Jan 29, 2014

I am looking into pseudo-translation (transaltion simulation) as I would like to weed out development errors before we do the actual translation.

It is possible to manually start pseudo-translation, but I would like to know if it is possible to set up Passolo to do pseudo-translation with each build.

(One language would be enough, as we would primarily like to check if strings are actually translateable - and if the text might be cut off (UI is the same for all langua
... See more
I am looking into pseudo-translation (transaltion simulation) as I would like to weed out development errors before we do the actual translation.

It is possible to manually start pseudo-translation, but I would like to know if it is possible to set up Passolo to do pseudo-translation with each build.

(One language would be enough, as we would primarily like to check if strings are actually translateable - and if the text might be cut off (UI is the same for all languages).)
Collapse

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Колумбия
Local time: 11:58
Член ProZ.com c 2002
немецкий => испанский
+ ...
Only a suggestion Jan 30, 2014

As there is no separated forum for Passolo (I don't know why), you should repeat your question in the SDL Trados Support forum.

Saludos

cbcoti
cbcoti
английский => датский
Автор темы
Would never have guessesd Jan 30, 2014

I am aware that SDL owns Passolo, but I'd never guess that a Passolo question should be asked in the Trados forum, as the tools are so different. Thank you, I will try that.

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Колумбия
Local time: 11:58
Член ProZ.com c 2002
немецкий => испанский
+ ...
I will wait for the answers to your question in the SDL support forum Jan 31, 2014

I have been intermitently working with Passolo since version 5.0 and being the user base so small and the program so different from Studio, I am always looking for learning something new from the fora. Maybe I should propose to form a forum dedicated to Passolo only.

Saludos

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
английский => немецкий
Yes translation simulation can be automated Feb 3, 2014

Hello cbcoti,

I don't know how your developers are automating SDL Passolo in their build system, but there 2 possible solutions.

a) The pseudo translation can be automated with the command line parameter /simulate
b) The pseudo translation can be automated with the function call PslTransList.SimulateTranslation() the COM object model

Detailled information can be found in the online help and in the automation help, both available from the Passolo help
... See more
Hello cbcoti,

I don't know how your developers are automating SDL Passolo in their build system, but there 2 possible solutions.

a) The pseudo translation can be automated with the command line parameter /simulate
b) The pseudo translation can be automated with the function call PslTransList.SimulateTranslation() the COM object model

Detailled information can be found in the online help and in the automation help, both available from the Passolo help menu.

Hope this helps.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant
Collapse

cbcoti
cbcoti
английский => датский
Автор темы
Where can I find more detailed information? Feb 3, 2014

Thanks a lot, Achim.

When I read the help, some details are not clear to me. Can you point to additional material that I can read?

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
английский => немецкий
Which solution? Feb 4, 2014

Hello,

Both solutions are described quite detailled in the help files. Nevertheless the developers that are responsible for the build system and/or peseudo translation automation must plan, design, implement and test such a customized solution. SDL can offer training and consulting if necessary.

If you have detailled questions I can try to answer them.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Модератор(ы) этого форума
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can we automate translation simulation in SDL Passolo?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »