Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 04:06
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Oct 8, 2008

I had to dust off my PE and what happens on Vista, is that it hangs up on the start with a criptic behaviour that involves Activebar: if I kill the task in appears shortly, burps something about ActiveBar and is gone,

Must be something simple ... The instructions by STAR on how to handle the installation on Vista show in the direction I would not like to go ...

TiA

Vito

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
It works ... Oct 9, 2008

I went back and started TranstPE.exe - installed years ago under XP - and it ran without a hitch.

Just dont know what happened on the first try ...

regards

pltsanve
pltsanve
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Wonderful news ... Oct 9, 2008

indeed. It looked as if nobody experienced any similar problem or just had no clue. (BTW, I was relieved to see that Transit PE installed on Vista like they were made for each other (another score for Transit) – and this was after a thorough search to find any issues I should expect, just to find no issues at all.)

Have a nice evening
Vesna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using Transit PE on Vista

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »