Star Transit Satellite PE on Mac
Thread poster: Mur99
Mur99
Mur99
English
+ ...
Mar 24, 2010

Good morning,

I currently use Star Transit Satellite PE free on a Windows based system.
I am thinking about moving to an iMac and I would like to know if does exist a Mac version of this program or if the windows version works on Mac.

Thank you very much for your help!

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 09:06
German to Arabic
+ ...
No there is no Mac Version Mar 24, 2010

Hello,

No there is no Mac Version of it.

Also we never tested it under a virtual machine.

Thanks

Your ATT

Transit works on a Windows VM on Mac Mar 24, 2010

Hi,

I am currently using a MacBook and have installed Parallels Desktop 5.0 for Mac on it. It allows me to create a Windows XP virtual machine, on which I then have installed Transit. It is working perfectly.

You have it all on your VM.

Hope it helps

[Edited at 2010-03-24 15:27 GMT]

Mur99
Mur99
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Mar 25, 2010

Thank you Sara for your reply! It was really helpful!

Welcome :) Mar 26, 2010

Glad you found this info useful.

Enjoy your Windows virtual machine on your Mac

Note: Parallels Desktop allows you to customize your own keyboard shorcuts. I am telling you this because I missed the Insert key on the Mac keyboard ;(
With Parallels I've created a customized shortcut for ALT + INSERT, which I found really useful.
... See more
Glad you found this info useful.

Enjoy your Windows virtual machine on your Mac

Note: Parallels Desktop allows you to customize your own keyboard shorcuts. I am telling you this because I missed the Insert key on the Mac keyboard ;(
With Parallels I've created a customized shortcut for ALT + INSERT, which I found really useful.

[Edited at 2010-03-26 23:59 GMT]
Collapse

Susanne Kress
Susanne Kress  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:06
Member (2010)
Spanish to German
+ ...
@Sara: How did you do it? Feb 4, 2011

Dear Sara,
could you please explain how to create the shortcut ALT + Insert in Parallels?

I am working on a Mac with Parallels 6 (Windows XP) and I have to start to work with Transit Satellite PE. I have been looking around the keyboard options, but I have not been able to find my way.

And which shortcut do you use? As I am starting with Transit I still do not know the other shortcuts and a I don't want to mix up with other existing shortcuts.

I am wo
... See more
Dear Sara,
could you please explain how to create the shortcut ALT + Insert in Parallels?

I am working on a Mac with Parallels 6 (Windows XP) and I have to start to work with Transit Satellite PE. I have been looking around the keyboard options, but I have not been able to find my way.

And which shortcut do you use? As I am starting with Transit I still do not know the other shortcuts and a I don't want to mix up with other existing shortcuts.

I am working with the Spanish version of Parallels and Windows.

Thank you very much for your help.

Un cordial saludo

Susanne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star Transit Satellite PE on Mac

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »