Thread poster: huutsch
huutsch
huutsch
Local time: 03:56
German to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2010

Hi,

I have all my files dealing with my translations on my PC.

Now I am planning to use my laptop during a vacation in order to continue with a current translation.

Which files do I need to copy to my laptop in order to include the current files I am working on, the reference material I have included with the project, and the TermStar dictionary?

And how do I go about moving the stuff back to the PC once I am back home?

Regards,... See more
Hi,

I have all my files dealing with my translations on my PC.

Now I am planning to use my laptop during a vacation in order to continue with a current translation.

Which files do I need to copy to my laptop in order to include the current files I am working on, the reference material I have included with the project, and the TermStar dictionary?

And how do I go about moving the stuff back to the PC once I am back home?

Regards,

Michael
Collapse

Roberto Bertuol
Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
Transit configuration files + projects Aug 24, 2010

Hello,
first install Transit on the laptop, then overwrite the following folders that you find under (assuming C:\ is your main drive) C:\Program Files\Transit XV:
Config (Transit configuration files are here)
BIN (this is not strictly necessary)
DB (all you dictionaries are here, however you need to link them again using the wizard)
Projects (all your project and respective language pairs are here unless you changed the default path)

Remember to instal
... See more
Hello,
first install Transit on the laptop, then overwrite the following folders that you find under (assuming C:\ is your main drive) C:\Program Files\Transit XV:
Config (Transit configuration files are here)
BIN (this is not strictly necessary)
DB (all you dictionaries are here, however you need to link them again using the wizard)
Projects (all your project and respective language pairs are here unless you changed the default path)

Remember to install the same service pack you have on your PC.

As to the reference material, if you include previous project as reference material, then you simply need to copy the folder "Projects" (provided you didn't change the default path when you create or receive a project).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV: Which files to copy to laptop

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »