Lorenza Valt
Lorenza Valt  Identity Verified
Olaszország
Local time: 17:12
német - olasz
+ ...
Aug 26, 2010

Hello,

I'm proofreading a pxf document with Transit XV, and I have a problem because of many missing tags. How can I copy them from the source text into the target document? Is there a "copy source" function like in Trados?

Thank you for your help

Lorenza

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egyiptom
Local time: 18:12
német - arab
+ ...
Many ways to copy formating tags Aug 26, 2010

Hi Lorenza,

1- You can use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Shift + B\U\I to apply Bold\Underline\Italics formating tags to a highlighted text.

2- In the upper editing menu bar there is a brush icon for copying format as well.

3- In case of more complicated tags, it might be advisable to copy the translation of the segment into a notepad file for example,
then set the segment back to not translated (Ctrl + Alt + Backspace)
then paste the tra
... See more
Hi Lorenza,

1- You can use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + Shift + B\U\I to apply Bold\Underline\Italics formating tags to a highlighted text.

2- In the upper editing menu bar there is a brush icon for copying format as well.

3- In case of more complicated tags, it might be advisable to copy the translation of the segment into a notepad file for example,
then set the segment back to not translated (Ctrl + Alt + Backspace)
then paste the translation again.

I know this is not that easy, but this is a possibility to overcome the tag problems.

4- Also try this: From Options | Format checker | Settings
Then chose all the options related to tags (auto correct + Start from current position).
This also helps in many cases

Hopefully, this would save you a lot of time.

best regards

[تم التعديل في 2010-08-26 11:38 GMT]
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Tag (2005 óta)
angol - cseh
+ ...
"raw text" Aug 26, 2010

In XV, if you go View, choose Display/Hide Attributes... and then check Deactivate tag protection under radio-button option Display full tags, you can simply type (or copy/paste) tags in their "text format" - it is a very useful and powerful tool (which I bitterly miss in NXT, by the way - does anybody out there know how to get it back?). On the other hand, you should be really sure of what you are doing if you want to use this tool...

HTH

An
... See more
In XV, if you go View, choose Display/Hide Attributes... and then check Deactivate tag protection under radio-button option Display full tags, you can simply type (or copy/paste) tags in their "text format" - it is a very useful and powerful tool (which I bitterly miss in NXT, by the way - does anybody out there know how to get it back?). On the other hand, you should be really sure of what you are doing if you want to use this tool...

HTH

Antonin

[Edited at 2010-08-26 12:28 GMT]
Collapse

Lorenza Valt
Lorenza Valt  Identity Verified
Olaszország
német - olasz
+ ...
TÉMAINDÍTÓ
THANK YOU Aug 26, 2010

Thank you both for your suggestions, which were really very helpful!

Since time was short and missing tags were very complicated (unfortunately not just formatting tags!), I decided to copy the source text and re-translate it.

But I've noted down all your instruction because I'm sure they will be useful again!

Have a nice day!

Lorenza

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

A fórum moderátora(i)
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: copying source segments (or tags) in Transit XV

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »