Transit XV - Translate 100% matches automatically
Thread poster: Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:36
German to Lithuanian
Sep 14, 2010

Hello,

I would like to let Transit during the translation to automatically translate 100% matches only from my current translation, not from the reference material (I have imported a tmx file as reference material).

If that's not possible: how can I to pretranslate a project using a tmx file, so I can review 100% matches before beginning the translation?

TIA

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
German to Arabic
+ ...
To review use the filter to view pretranslation only Sep 14, 2010

Hello Egidijus,

Transit has many criteria for taking a 100% match, the first one is the similarity in file name.
i.e. If the new file is "Manual_2010.doc", Transit gives a reference file with the name "Manual_2007.doc" a priority over a file called for example "User Gide.doc".

So, you can for example rename the language pair files resulting from the TMX. Start the name with the letters ZZZ for example, to make sure, that those TMX files are at the end of the prior
... See more
Hello Egidijus,

Transit has many criteria for taking a 100% match, the first one is the similarity in file name.
i.e. If the new file is "Manual_2010.doc", Transit gives a reference file with the name "Manual_2007.doc" a priority over a file called for example "User Gide.doc".

So, you can for example rename the language pair files resulting from the TMX. Start the name with the letters ZZZ for example, to make sure, that those TMX files are at the end of the priority list based on the file name.

The other option you are asking about is reviewing the pretranslation before starting the translation.

Transit has powerful filters.

You can filter to display only the segments with the state "pretranslation', so that you can see only the segments translated from the reference material during the importing process.

To do so:

Go to
View | Segment filter | Segment Attribute filter (3rd upper tab from the left)

Then check "Edited by" => Pretranslation

Also checking the option "Hide non editable segments"

This will help you finding out the pretranslated segments at any time, even if you have already started on\finished the translation.

Using the filters a is one of the most important features in Transit.
Therefore have a look on the other options available in the segment filters window. One can do a lot with the filters in Transit
Collapse

Geneviève Granger
Geneviève Granger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:36
Member (2006)
German to French
+ ...
TMX Sep 14, 2010

Egidijus Slepetys wrote:

If that's not possible: how can I to pretranslate a project using a tmx file, so I can review 100% matches before beginning the translation?

TIA

You will have to import your TMX file to Transit before you can use it for a pretranslation.

Geneviève.

Egidijus Slepetys
Egidijus Slepetys  Identity Verified
German to Lithuanian
TOPIC STARTER
Filters in Transit are amazing! Sep 15, 2010

Dear ATT,

I am so grateful to you for telling me about filtering in Transit! (I'm using this feature since my previous post, when you described them at first time). Thank you one more time!
BTW., the option "Hide non editable segments" is very useful for translating Trados ttx files! It hides all the terribly large blocks of tags!

The thing about reference file priority is new and very useful for me! Thanks again!

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
German to Arabic
+ ...
You are correct: Filters in Transit are suprior Sep 15, 2010

I'm happy, that this could help you again.

You're correct about the filters in Transit.

There are lots of options in them. Also you can use combined filters, this means to filter for example on "Pretranslation" segments, then within the resulting segments, you can create another filter to narrow the results again.

To do so, apply first any filter with as much options as you want from the third tab on the right of the window "Segment filter"
... See more
I'm happy, that this could help you again.

You're correct about the filters in Transit.

There are lots of options in them. Also you can use combined filters, this means to filter for example on "Pretranslation" segments, then within the resulting segments, you can create another filter to narrow the results again.

To do so, apply first any filter with as much options as you want from the third tab on the right of the window "Segment filter"

Then go the the middle or left tab | Click the button "More" | Check "Use previous Filter"
on the same middle or left tab set another filter.

Press apply: The second filter will be applied only on the segments displayed using the previous (first).

Also you can use the choice "Display\Hide" matching segments, in order to reverse the filter.

A more advanced filtering option (also available in the search\replace dialog) is using the so called "Regular Expressions". This is an advanced feature, that can give users unbelievable capabilities for filtering\searching&replacing .

Such filtering options are unique in Transit and I haven't seen them in any other TM.

Good luck with Transit

Your ATT
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 22:36
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Views and regex in MemoQ Sep 15, 2010

AAT:

Such filtering options are unique in Transit and I haven't seen them in any other TM.

For me, Transit is the first choice; but to be correct, views and regex search in MemoQ seem very close to these features in Transit.

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Transit XV - Translate 100% matches automatically

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »