Reference memory in Transit XV
Thread poster: Lola Active
Oct 1, 2010

Hello everybody,

I'm working with Transit XV a lot and have PXF-projects base since 2008. All projects in it have concordance with overall reference memory. But once I've had to reinstall my Windows with all software including Transit XV. From this moment the problems started.

I tried to receive several projects to work with them, but when receiving I've got a message in Transit XV: «Error receiving project». I clicked «OK», then tried to open the language pair –
... See more
Hello everybody,

I'm working with Transit XV a lot and have PXF-projects base since 2008. All projects in it have concordance with overall reference memory. But once I've had to reinstall my Windows with all software including Transit XV. From this moment the problems started.

I tried to receive several projects to work with them, but when receiving I've got a message in Transit XV: «Error receiving project». I clicked «OK», then tried to open the language pair – and everything was absolutely allright! Except reference memory

I tried to recreate projects that made an error, but after sending PXF to My Documents and receiving from its folder I get the same result – an error and broken reference memory.

I don't know what's going wrong because I've always worked with Transit XV very carefully, according Tutorial and help manual.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 17:46
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
specifications Oct 1, 2010

1. Which version of XV is it? Smart?

2. How exactly did you go about reinstalling Transit? Thre best way, IMHO, is to backup the whole Transit directory and, after installing fresh, overwrite the new directory with the backup.

Antonin

Lola Active
Lola Active
TOPIC STARTER
specifications and adds Oct 1, 2010

I've got Transit XV Professional v.3.1 SP20 (and tried with SP23) build 603.

Unfortunately I have not had opportunity to backup the whole Transit directory.

I forgot to tell that it happens with projects, which have been created on the base of one project, and then to it's reference memory was added some others.

Petra Voldánová
Petra Voldánová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:46
French to Czech
+ ...
May be not all of your reference projects have been received? Oct 1, 2010

It seems like you did not receive the project on which the actual project is based on before receiving the actual one.
Or may be the references of the primary project were not restored completely, e.g. if you "chained" the projects as references.

When you go into the Project - Settings and have a look at the associated references: Is the Project added as a reference also currently received in Transit XV?
Eventually: are all the folders/files on its place?

If
... See more
It seems like you did not receive the project on which the actual project is based on before receiving the actual one.
Or may be the references of the primary project were not restored completely, e.g. if you "chained" the projects as references.

When you go into the Project - Settings and have a look at the associated references: Is the Project added as a reference also currently received in Transit XV?
Eventually: are all the folders/files on its place?

If you have stored/backed up your references separately, try to remove the existing ones and to add them again manually.

[Edited at 2010-10-01 08:48 GMT]
Collapse

Lola Active
Lola Active
TOPIC STARTER
Seems like it's not the point... Oct 1, 2010

Petra, I've just made as you say – deleted all projects I've had in Transit directory and received them all again starting with the primary PXF. But nothing has changed – «error receiving» appeared with the same projects.

I think that the point is in PXF themselves. But I've already tried to recreate them and did it carefully but nothing changed – I'm getting error while receiving resulted PXF.

StarSPB
StarSPB
Local time: 18:46
Russian to English
Transit restrictions Oct 11, 2010

1) When working with Transit XV, in the User Account for Windows can not use not Latin letters.
2) Very long path in the PXF for reference

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reference memory in Transit XV

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »