Maximize target window in Transit NXT
Thread poster: Gary Hess
Gary Hess
Gary Hess  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:29
German to English
+ ...
Oct 7, 2010

Is there an easy way to maximize the target window? I'm reading the manual now and I can't find an answer.

Thanks!
Gary

Iris Kleinophorst
Iris Kleinophorst  Identity Verified
Germany
Chinese to German
+ ...
Workaround for maximising windows Oct 7, 2010

Hi,

I do not think that there is a way to automatically enlarge the target window. What you could do, however, is to once manually close all the other windows and then save this setting with your preferred name under Windows --> Manage Windows --> Save as. This way, you can open this kind of view any time again.

The View --> Manage Views --> Save as tab also offers the possibility to save specific views for quick reopening.

Mind you, whenever you open Trans
... See more
Hi,

I do not think that there is a way to automatically enlarge the target window. What you could do, however, is to once manually close all the other windows and then save this setting with your preferred name under Windows --> Manage Windows --> Save as. This way, you can open this kind of view any time again.

The View --> Manage Views --> Save as tab also offers the possibility to save specific views for quick reopening.

Mind you, whenever you open Transit NXT, it will open with the view and window settings set for the specific User Role you use. You can adjust this under User Roles --> Manage User Roles --> Window Layout resp. View preferences.

HTH
Iris

[Edited at 2010-10-07 14:57 GMT]
Collapse

Christopher Schmidt
Christopher Schmidt  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:29
German to English
+ ...
slider bar Oct 7, 2010

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can use the slider bar between the source and target panes to adjust the size of the panes; the width can be adjusted by pulling the right edge of the source/target window to the right (or left).

Chris

Gary Hess
Gary Hess  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes Oct 7, 2010

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the response. Yes, that works. But in the old Satellite edition, each window had its own maximize control to open it up to the full size. I'm wondering if that still exists and I'm somehow missing it.

I find it convenient at times to be able to simply read or scan through the target text without any window size constraints (i.e. using more or less whole screen).

Gary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maximize target window in Transit NXT

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »