Michel A.
Michel A.  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:45
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
Nov 4, 2010

Hi There,

I'm usually a DVX and Wordfast user. However I've been recently granted a large WordPerfect contract, and none of my usual CATs are able to NATIVELY deal with WP files.

So far, I convert my WP English files to MSW files, then through the CAT for translation, then back to WP through a MSW to WP conversion. However the target French files I get are scattered with layout errors.

I have been told Star Transit can natively handle WP files, did someone
... See more
Hi There,

I'm usually a DVX and Wordfast user. However I've been recently granted a large WordPerfect contract, and none of my usual CATs are able to NATIVELY deal with WP files.

So far, I convert my WP English files to MSW files, then through the CAT for translation, then back to WP through a MSW to WP conversion. However the target French files I get are scattered with layout errors.

I have been told Star Transit can natively handle WP files, did someone already experienced that feature? Any feedback?

Ta

Michel
Collapse

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
Egypt
Local time: 02:45
German to Arabic
+ ...
Transit supports WordPerfect Nov 4, 2010

Transit supports WordPerfect:

In Transit XV, there is a filter for WrodPerfect versions 5-10.
So, yes Transit should be useful for you.

Best regards
ATT

Michel A.
Michel A.  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:45
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks ATT Nov 4, 2010

)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Star Transit and WordPerfect files

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »