How to update transit TM when I make a change to a translated seg.?
Thread poster: Grant2008
Grant2008
Grant2008  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:07
English to Chinese
Mar 31, 2006

Hi,

I am using Transit 3.0 satellite PE 267.

I have file which has no fuzzy match initially. I finished the translation and want to make changes to some segments marked as translated. What I did is: go to a segment, press alt+enter, and make necessary changes in the fuzzy window, then alt+enter again. Save the file, then check the fuzzy again by alt+enter, but nothing is updated in Target New field.

Does anyone know how to update TM so that the fuzzy windo
... See more
Hi,

I am using Transit 3.0 satellite PE 267.

I have file which has no fuzzy match initially. I finished the translation and want to make changes to some segments marked as translated. What I did is: go to a segment, press alt+enter, and make necessary changes in the fuzzy window, then alt+enter again. Save the file, then check the fuzzy again by alt+enter, but nothing is updated in Target New field.

Does anyone know how to update TM so that the fuzzy window reflects the changes I just made?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 07:07
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
ALt+Insert Mar 31, 2006

confirms the segment's status to "translated"

So, use this keybord shortcut after your second "Alt+Enter"

HTH
Antonin

David Ryan Murúa
David Ryan Murúa
Spain
Local time: 07:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Transit: the invisible CAT Mar 31, 2006

Hi Guangong,

Yes, alt+insert. But then if you want to modify your translation, you can do so by just changing the segment on the translation file and then using alt+insert. It looks as if nothing happens, however,theoritically, the segment changes in the fuzzy match or it creates another version for the segment, don't be surprised to find multiple versions later, which unfortunately you won't be able to delete, even if you have the full version.

In transit, everything
... See more
Hi Guangong,

Yes, alt+insert. But then if you want to modify your translation, you can do so by just changing the segment on the translation file and then using alt+insert. It looks as if nothing happens, however,theoritically, the segment changes in the fuzzy match or it creates another version for the segment, don't be surprised to find multiple versions later, which unfortunately you won't be able to delete, even if you have the full version.

In transit, everything takes place behind the scenes...

Hope it helps.

David
Collapse

Grant2008
Grant2008  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 13:07
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, May 12, 2006

Antonin and david, it really helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to update transit TM when I make a change to a translated seg.?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »