Chinese version of Julia Gillard's Australia in the Asian Century paper was poorly translated

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Chinese version of Julia Gillard's Australia in the Asian Century paper was poorly translated".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Phil Hand
Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:19
Chinese to English
I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked Nov 21, 2012

Because standards are normally so high in my pair. How could this have happened?

Michelle Deeter
Michelle Deeter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:19
Member (2011)
Chinese to English
Lesson learned, I hope! Nov 22, 2012

It's ironic that this would happen on the exact white paper where Rudd is trying to emphasize the need for greater understanding of Asian languages. Perhaps after this mistake, the Australian government will know to spend more time on quality control...and maybe get a back translation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Chinese version of Julia Gillard's Australia in the Asian Century paper was poorly translated

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »