Language Line Services acquires Pacific Interpreters

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "Language Line Services acquires Pacific Interpreters".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
Giuseppina Gatta, MA (Hons)
English to Italian
+ ...
Not a very good news Jan 10, 2013

LL is known for paying interpreters very low rates, when I checked their policy last time they were paying around 18$ per hour.

Stephen Franke
Stephen Franke
United States
Local time: 23:37
English to Arabic
+ ...
LLS has an unusual/awkward & convoluted recruitment & selection process Jan 10, 2013

Greetings.

May one observe that LLS suffers from a self-limiting wound by using an unusual and convoluted process for recruiting, assessing, and hiring bilingual applicants.

A recruiter, acting on behalf of LLS HR, was based in Florida when she called me for an assessment interview. Her questions were more related to someone working in an office setting as an an employee, rather than an on-call interpreter.

When she admitted, after I inquired, that she had not be
... See more
Greetings.

May one observe that LLS suffers from a self-limiting wound by using an unusual and convoluted process for recruiting, assessing, and hiring bilingual applicants.

A recruiter, acting on behalf of LLS HR, was based in Florida when she called me for an assessment interview. Her questions were more related to someone working in an office setting as an an employee, rather than an on-call interpreter.

When she admitted, after I inquired, that she had not been provided with the resume I had submitted originally to LLS HR in Monterey, CA, the process soon went rapidly downhill.

That shakey process and the erratic responsiveness (such as there was) indicated that LLS does not have, or does not use, an organized, serious or professional approach to recruiting and managing bilinguals. When LLS was owned by AT&T, I supported LLS and its business growth in the "global language services industry" as an on-call telephonic Arabic interpreter, and LLS AT&T provided informed management and good support of its registered interpreters.

The current LLS, under its existing business model, seems too busy or distracted to answer email inquiries.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Stephen H. Franke
Senior veteran Arabic linguist
San Pedro, California

[Edited at 2013-01-10 19:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-10 19:56 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-01-11 01:06 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language Line Services acquires Pacific Interpreters

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »