An introduction to MedDRA for medical translators

This discussion belongs to Translation news » "An introduction to MedDRA for medical translators".
You can see the translation news page and participate in this discussion from there.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:13
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Thanks Mar 17, 2016

Thank you for flagging up my blog post, Paula!

Joel Pina Diaz
Joel Pina Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 05:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
Any comparison so far. Mar 17, 2016

I appreciate your post and information, quite interesting for me. I wonder if you ever compare this terminology with IHTSDO® SNOMED CT (more related to clinic not pharma)? FDA since my particular view is out of this efforts... In the other hand the US NLM and some others databases around, even not as specific, could be important. I am working in interventional surgery research and device development as well as terminologies, I'll create a very specific glossary of terms in Spanish language f... See more
I appreciate your post and information, quite interesting for me. I wonder if you ever compare this terminology with IHTSDO® SNOMED CT (more related to clinic not pharma)? FDA since my particular view is out of this efforts... In the other hand the US NLM and some others databases around, even not as specific, could be important. I am working in interventional surgery research and device development as well as terminologies, I'll create a very specific glossary of terms in Spanish language for the interventional field. Any information will be appreciate it. Best.Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:13
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
SNOMED Mar 18, 2016

Joel Pina Diaz wrote:

I wonder if you ever compare this terminology with IHTSDO® SNOMED CT

We touched briefly on SNOMED in the comments:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2016/03/15/meddra/comment-page-1/#comment-12835

I mentioned there that I don't think they can be mapped directly from one to the other. MedDRA is more for adverse events, as you know. I guess you find SNOMED more useful for surgical terminology.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An introduction to MedDRA for medical translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »