Online dictionary lookups in WFP
Thread poster: alec_in_France
alec_in_France
alec_in_France
Local time: 03:47
French to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2017

Sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere but I can't seem to find an answer.

My WFC licence is due for renewal and I'm wondering about adding WFP for the Excel / Powerpoint ability.

My question: can you lookup online dictionaries (e.g. Leo, Linguee, IATE...) from inside WFP? The user guide (as far as I can see) gives no indication.

In WFC I currently use Multifultor and/or ABBYY Lingvo (the latter on the hard drive).

I remember that the (fr
... See more
Sorry if this has been dealt with elsewhere but I can't seem to find an answer.

My WFC licence is due for renewal and I'm wondering about adding WFP for the Excel / Powerpoint ability.

My question: can you lookup online dictionaries (e.g. Leo, Linguee, IATE...) from inside WFP? The user guide (as far as I can see) gives no indication.

In WFC I currently use Multifultor and/or ABBYY Lingvo (the latter on the hard drive).

I remember that the (free) version of WFP I tried when it first came out wouldn't work with the Langenscheidt popup dictionary I was then using.

Have things improved?

Grateful for any hints and tips.

Greetings from sunny(!) southwest France

Alec
Collapse

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 03:47
Spanish to English
+ ...
Using WFC Aug 24, 2017

alec_in_France wrote:

Alec

I use WordFast Classic and it handles Excel and PowerPoint no problem, as long as the MS Office version you are using is no higher than 2010.
I don't know about the other issues mentioned, as I don't seem to have any problems using online dictionaries at the same time as working in WFC either...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Online dictionary lookups in WFP

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »