Receiving payments outside of Europe
Thread poster: Antony Addy (X)
Antony Addy (X)
Antony Addy (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:18
French to English
Dec 23, 2003

Hi everyone,

I have tried to filter through various PayPal threads to find a concrete conclusion to my dilemma. I work mostly with European agencies where the new IBAN transfer system saves so much on fees, however I am now awaiting payment from Canada for in excess of EUR 1000. I have not renewed my PayPal account since we had to agree to their new terms and conditions.

Could anyone suggest the most cost effective way to receive money from Canada? I am based in France
... See more
Hi everyone,

I have tried to filter through various PayPal threads to find a concrete conclusion to my dilemma. I work mostly with European agencies where the new IBAN transfer system saves so much on fees, however I am now awaiting payment from Canada for in excess of EUR 1000. I have not renewed my PayPal account since we had to agree to their new terms and conditions.

Could anyone suggest the most cost effective way to receive money from Canada? I am based in France if that information helps. Would PayPal still be the best option?

I really do not have any idea on the best solution here.

Thank you for any help and I wish all on ProZ a very Happy Christmas.

Regards,
Antony
Collapse

Sergei Tumanov
Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:18
English to Russian
+ ...
personally checked Dec 28, 2003

I have been using 3 payment systems for worldwide e-currency transfers myself and would like to recommend them to everybody:

1/ www.e-gold.com
2/ www.wmtransfer.com
3/ www.moneybookers.com

Instant transfers
... See more
I have been using 3 payment systems for worldwide e-currency transfers myself and would like to recommend them to everybody:

1/ www.e-gold.com
2/ www.wmtransfer.com
3/ www.moneybookers.com

Instant transfers and low fees for transfer - max 50 cents (e-gold and moneybookers) and 0.8% of the transfer amount (webmoney) makt hese sytems a real help.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving payments outside of Europe

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »