How to open a TXF in NXT (yes, TXF of last year translation)
Thread poster: Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:36
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
Nov 25, 2009

Hello,

(no typo, I did get a TXF) normally I do get a PXF (I have Transit NXT professional), but this time I got a folder containing last year TXF. If I understand the documentation correctly, I cannot import the TXF, because I haven't created the original project (in the Transit NXT online help there is a screenshot, where I can clearly see TXF under the file formats, I only have PXF)

What do I need in order to be able to import that TXF into NXT (and benefit from last
... See more
Hello,

(no typo, I did get a TXF) normally I do get a PXF (I have Transit NXT professional), but this time I got a folder containing last year TXF. If I understand the documentation correctly, I cannot import the TXF, because I haven't created the original project (in the Transit NXT online help there is a screenshot, where I can clearly see TXF under the file formats, I only have PXF)

What do I need in order to be able to import that TXF into NXT (and benefit from last year translation)?

(I know, I could simply ask for last year source & translation files as a ref, already did, but I'm curious about how to tackle this issue)

Thanks for your help (or suggestion)

Giuliana

[Edited at 2009-11-25 19:28 GMT]
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:36
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
OK, add .zip Nov 25, 2009

Hi again,

I have added .zip and managed to have some files, one could be opened in NXT as a project, but the DES file cannot be open.

Suggestions?

Giuliana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to open a TXF in NXT (yes, TXF of last year translation)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »