Invitation to participate in a survey on the use of AI in translation and translator training
Thread poster: Michał Kornacki
Michał Kornacki
Michał Kornacki
Poland
Local time: 20:12
English to Polish
+ ...
Nov 12, 2023

Dear All,
I would like to kindly ask you to share your expert opinion on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in translation and translator training.
I would be grateful if you could spare approximately 2 minutes of your time to participate in an online survey.
The survey can be accessed via the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/v48GbjzWwL
I would truly appreciate your help in this research.
Thank you in advance for all your answers.
Ki
... See more
Dear All,
I would like to kindly ask you to share your expert opinion on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in translation and translator training.
I would be grateful if you could spare approximately 2 minutes of your time to participate in an online survey.
The survey can be accessed via the following link: https://forms.office.com/e/v48GbjzWwL
I would truly appreciate your help in this research.
Thank you in advance for all your answers.
Kind regards,
Michał Kornacki, PhD
University of Lodz, Poland
Collapse

Christopher Schröder

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:12
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I did the survey Nov 12, 2023

...which is very obviously not neutral in its approach to AI. I'm not saying whether this is a positive or a negative bias. Anyone completing the survey will see for themselves.

neilmac
ibz

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Disagree Nov 12, 2023

Tom in London wrote:

...which is very obviously not neutral in its approach to AI. I'm not saying whether this is a positive or a negative bias. Anyone completing the survey will see for themselves.

Tbh I can’t see how it could be any more neutral…

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 13:12
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
I answered to it. Now I expect feedback on the results. Nov 12, 2023

Please advise when and where the conclusions can be consulted.

¡Gracias!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Done Nov 12, 2023

I did fill out the survey, but, for example I wasn't aware that the TM and MT tools mentioned were "AI-powered". And I don't really see how "generative AI" can help with translation, and I'm not sure I really want to find out.

Tom in London
Florence Bremond

Michał Kornacki
Michał Kornacki
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks:) Nov 12, 2023

I will post a link to the results in about a month since that is how long the survey will be open.
Once again, many thanks for your contribution.
Best,
Michał Kornacki

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invitation to participate in a survey on the use of AI in translation and translator training

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »